Return to CHA Website
The purpose of this website is to inform former CHA residents that they should contact us about their Right to Return to the CHA.

This is not an opportunity for new applicants to apply for housing.

In September 2019, the Chicago Housing Authority published a public notice in several Chicago newspapers to outreach to former CHA residents.

In order to respond to the public notice, you must contact CHA by December 31, 2019. You can respond in many ways:

• Call 312-786-3104 and leave a voicemail with your name and phone number.
• Email CHA at
• Use this website to look up your name and submit your information using the online forms.

You will need to respond if you meet all of the following requirements:

• You lived in a CHA public housing unit on October 1, 1999;
• You no longer live in a CHA public housing unit or the Housing Choice Voucher Program; and
• You were covered by the Relocation Rights Contract and still have a legal Right of Return to CHA.

It is important that you respond if you believe you are a former CHA resident covered by the Relocation Rights Contract. If you do not respond to the public notice by December 31, 2019, you will lose your Right of Return to the CHA. After this time, you must contact the CHA to request reinstatement.

Enter your Social Security Number and click the Search for SSN button to submit your information to the CHA using this website. If you have any questions, please contact CHA at 312-786-3104.

If you do not wish to proceed, click here: Return to CHA Website
Enter SSN here: Search for SSN